Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Still Here

Busy week - Z had several days off for the long weekend and although we didn't do much, I still find that I had no time to sit down to update. Yesterday was our seven year wedding anniversary, though we'll be celebrating tonight by going to the restaurant at the resort where we were married. It's a beautiful, rustic place with spectacular views of the city and a wine list to make any sommelier drool.

I'm now down 19 pounds! I'll hopefully hit the big 2-0 this week sometime. I celebrated my loose clothes by going and buying a pair of new shorts a couple days ago. My old size 4's and 6's have a long, long way to go before fitting me again, so I needed something to tide me over for these next few hot months where pants are just a cruel and sweltering option. It's odd that I have plenty of clothes that fit me when I was quite overweight, and plenty of clothes that fit me when I was quite svelte. Very few in between. What the heck did I wear last time I lost all the weight? I suspect I just went baggy, but heck, I'm just so happy to feel somewhat myself again that I want to wear clothes that look at least semi-good. Forget baggy.

Happily, last Friday's injection of Humira is still hanging in there. Granted, it's only Tuesday, but I feel fairly good and only have 3 days left until my next dose. It feels so good to sleep again without waking every few minutes due to pain. Of course, Lulu then went on to wake me up twice last night because her "feet were sticking out of the covers" (I'm totally serious) so it's time to teach her a lesson in covering oneself up with a blanket. Sigh.

A happy belated Memorial Day to all, with extra thoughts and thanks to those who serve our country as well as their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment